Sunday 28 August 2016

Left your heart in Truro

I found you in the bathroom off your parents bedroom in the vanity. Vanity
I sought you out because we fought and I could not forgive myself. Myself
I often sit here and think about that vanity and the ensuing insanity. help me please

On that first night at your parents place I felt like I'm at my families
And you leaning close telling me about your friends of imaginary.
Was opening up to me that night somehow scary to you?
That felt like the only time I got to see you vulnerable and I loved it all
I felt safe in my skin and thought I would never let you go
But I've got this nice way of always finding a way to fall
or let slip on ice

And that's where my dreams end every night
Hurting you it's killing me
And now it's my hopes and dreams that keep me restless at night
Will never come true there's only one you

Now five years later. alone. I'm five years closer
To ending this life and fulfilling what my dreams all along have prophesied

If you thought that I don't trust you, well I just know what you've been up to.
These sad songs are agreeing with everything I've had in mind.
And you wear cold stone look
You left your heart in Truro.


And I haven't slept for four days.
Because I always see you
But it's not the real you
And it Saddens me deeply
And I never get close, any way

No comments:

Post a Comment